Hoverboard Applied Technologies, LLC, d/b/a Morty (“Morty”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) respects and is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice lets you know how and for what purposes we are collecting, processing, and using the information we collect and the reasonable steps we take to protect that information.
We allow you to easily share your contact information using our website located at https://mortyapp.com/ (the “Website”), and our mobile application (the “App”), for the purpose of researching and booking Escape Rooms and related services. Our Website, the App, and all of our other features and services are referred to in this Privacy Notice as the “Services”.
Types of Information Collected
Morty, and any third party that we engage for the purpose of administering, operating, hosting, configuring, designing, maintaining and providing support for our Services, and to offer you our Services, may collect two types of information: Personal Information and Usage Information.
Personal Information: The types of information that Morty collects may include, among other things, the following categories of information (collectively, “Personal Information”):
● contact information, including your name, address, phone number, email address;
● demographic information, including your gender;
● account information, including your password, and security questions and answers;
● social information (e.g., your social media handle, photos you upload) and information or content from your mobile phonebook, microphone and camera sensor data;
● payment information, including bank account and credit/debit card numbers, and billing address information; and
● other information specific to you.
Usage Information: The types of usage information that Morty collects may contain generic information about you when you use our Services, which may include, among other things, the following categories of information (collectively, “Usage Information”):
● device information, including Internet Protocol (or IP) address or device ID/UDID, protocol and sequence information, browser language and type, and domain name system requests;
● usage information and browsing history (such as, time spent at a domain, time and date of your visit) and number of clicks;
● http headers, and operating system and fingerprinting data; and
● aggregated information.
How Information is Collected
Information Provided by You
We do not require you to provide any Personal Information in order to navigate or use our Website. However, we need to collect Personal Information if you choose to engage in certain of our Services.
For example, we collect Personal Information from you when you:
● Create an account on our Website or our Services. When you register, we will collect your name, email address, birth date, demographic information, photos, and/or other information you choose to share about yourself.
● Interact with our Website or utilize our Services, or contact us through email. When you utilize our Services, including when you visit our Website, or send us any feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, or interact with us in any way, you may need to provide us with your name, email address, and other contact information.
Information Collected Automatically
We may automatically collect the following types of Personal Information as you use our Website or through our Services:
● Usage Information. Which pages on our Website you access, the extent, duration, and frequency of access, what you click on while on our Website, and when you accessed the Website.
● Location Information. Information about your location, which may be determined through your IP address.
● Device Information. Information about the device you are using, such as hardware model, operating system, browser, and IP addresses.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technology
iBeacons and Geolocation: While using certain features of the App, we may now or in the future choose to track the physical location of your mobile device or web browser to send you information that is relevant to you. You will always have control over whether to transmit your physical location, and you can prevent such disclosure by disabling Bluetooth and WiFi, declining the request to share your location, or adjusting your privacy settings in your mobile device operating system (as applicable).
Unique Identifier: We may assign you a unique internal identifier to help keep track of your future visits. We use this information to gather aggregate demographic information about our visitors, and we may use it to personalize the information you see on the Services and some of the electronic communications you receive from us.
Other Information: When you are using a mobile device, we may also collect and use your Apple Identifier for Advertising (IDFA) and Google Advertising ID (AAID) to recognize your device and support advertising activities on our Services. These number values are not permanently tied to your device and, depending on your operating system, you can reset it through your device settings.
Camera and Photos: Our features may require us to collect images and other information from your mobile device’s camera and photos. For example, you may not be able to upload photos of Escape Room experiences or from your camera roll unless we can access your camera or photos.
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect about you to provide the Services, to communicate with you, to provide technical support, and to improve our Services and customer relations.
Information collected by Morty may be used for the following primary purposes, to:
● Provide products and services to you or any affiliate or third party who is obtaining services on your behalf or in connection with a transaction involving you.
● Maintain and improve our Website and Services.
● Provide support.
● Personalize your experience when using the Services.
● Communicate with you and to inform you about Morty’s, our affiliates’ and third parties’ products and services, jointly or independently.
● Conduct benchmarking.
● Defend our rights and the rights of others.
● Efficiently maintain our business.
● Comply with applicable law.
When Information Is Disclosed
We might disclose Personal Information and/or Usage Information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary:
● To comply with legal processes and applicable law.
● To enforce this Privacy Notice.
● To take precautions against liability and respond to any claim that any information provided by you violates the rights of a third party.
● To assist government enforcement agencies.
● To protect our rights, property, or the safety or the rights, property, or personal safety of our visitors and the public, which includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction, and, if required by law, disclosing information to U.S. federal and state governmental agencies.
● To investigate potential unauthorized access or misuse of the Services.
We will transfer your Personal Information to specific Escape Room Vendors (as defined in our Terms of Service), including in the event that you reserve an escape room, direct a question to that Vendor, or in the event the Vendor wishes to contact you directly.
We may transfer your Personal Information and/or Usage Information to third parties, including our hosting partners and other trusted third parties who assist us in operating the Services.
We may now or in the future share Usage Information with third parties to demonstrate the usage patterns for advertisements, marketing, content, functionality and/or promotions on the Services and/or on third party websites, or as we otherwise see fit, consistent with applicable law. Non-personally identifiable information, in an aggregated, anonymized form, such that you are not individually identified, may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses, as we see fit. For example, we may transfer Personal Information to certain advertising or marketing partners from whom you have asked to receive information. We reserve the right to share non-personally identifiable demographic information about our customers, sales and traffic to our partners and advertisers.
We may also transfer your Personal Information to third parties, including our hosting partners and other trusted third parties who assist us in operating the Services, pursuant to the terms of this Privacy Notice.
We will not sell or rent your information. Your Personal Information will only be disclosed to a third party (other than as described herein) upon a merger or reorganization between us and such a third party (as described below) or as needed to provide technical support or development for the Services, or as required to process payment transactions.
We reserve the right to transfer your Personal Information, as well as any information about or obtained from you, in connection with the merger, sale or other disposition of all or part of our business and/or assets, or in the event of our bankruptcy, reorganization, insolvency, receivership, or an assignment for the benefit of our creditors. You expressly agree and consent to the use and/or transfer of the foregoing information in connection with any of the above described proceedings. We cannot and will not be responsible for any breach of security by any third parties or for any actions of any third parties that receive any of the information that is disclosed to us.
We may disclose your Personal Information for any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information. We may also disclose your Personal Information with your permission or as directed by you.
User Account, Password and Security
To use certain features available through the App, we may require that you create a user (“User Account”). We may require the use of encryption technologies provided for your protection. We use reasonable precautions to protect the privacy of your password and User Account information and to ensure that information collected through the Services is not lost, misused or altered inappropriately by administering security measures. You are ultimately responsible for protecting your password and account information from disclosure to third parties, and you are not permitted to circumvent the use of required encryption technologies.
While we may provide certain encryption technologies and use other reasonable precautions to protect your confidential information and provide suitable security, we do not and cannot guarantee or warrant that any information transmitted through the Internet is secure, or that such transmissions are free from delay, interruption, interception or error.
You are ultimately responsible for protecting your password and User Account information from disclosure to third parties, and you are responsible for the content you input using the App. You are not permitted to circumvent the use of required encryption technologies. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password and/or User Account and/or any other breach of security.
When we provide Personal Information to our affiliates or third party service providers as discussed in this Privacy Notice, we require that these parties agree to process such information in compliance with our Privacy Notice or in a manner that complies with applicable privacy laws. The use of your information by a trusted business partner may be subject to that party’s own privacy notice.
Information from Children
Our Services are meant for adults. We do not collect Personal Information from any person that we know to be under the age of thirteen (13) without permission from a parent or legal guardian. THE SERVICES ARE NOT INTENDED FOR CHILDREN UNDER THIRTEEN (13) WHO ARE UNACCOMPANIED BY THEIR PARENT(S) OR LEGAL GUARDIAN(S).
Links to Other Sites
The Services may now or in the future contain links to other websites, and may contain advertisements of third parties. We may link to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other online platforms. Morty is not and cannot be responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any of those other websites. Please check with those websites in order to determine their privacy policies and your rights under them.
The Services are intended for individuals located in the United States, and your use of our products and services are governed by United States law. We are not targeting or marketing to international users. The data protection and other laws of the United States might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By using the Services, you consent to your information being transferred to our facilities and to the facilities of those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Privacy Notice.
Choices with Your Personal Information
Whether you submit any Personal Information to us is entirely up to you. You are under no obligation to provide any Personal Information to us. However, this information is essential for the provision and quality of some of the services that we offer to you, so we cannot provide you with certain services or provide you with access to certain features if you choose to withhold requested information, for example providing features that require your payment information.
You may choose to prevent us from disclosing or using your Personal Information under certain circumstances (“opt out”). You may opt out of any disclosure or use of your Personal Information for purposes that are incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected or for which you subsequently gave authorization by notifying us by one of the methods at the end of this Privacy Notice, or by following the procedures set forth in an electronic communication from us, if applicable. Furthermore, even where your Personal Information is to be disclosed and used in accordance with the stated purposes in this Privacy Notice, you may elect to opt out of such disclosure to and use by a third party that is not acting as our agent. There are some uses from which you cannot opt out, such as to provide products, features or services that you have requested from us.
Access and Correction
Please contact us in the manner specified at the end of this Privacy Notice to access your Personal Information in our possession and correct inaccuracies of that information in our records. We ask individuals to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed and amended before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests in limited circumstances, as permitted by applicable laws, rules and regulations.
How Long We Keep Your Information
We will retain your information until you delete your account. We retain your information for longer periods for specific purposes to the extent that we are obliged to do so in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and/or as necessary to protect our legal rights or for certain business requirements. For example, we may retain your information, as follows:
● Aggregated Usage Information – We will maintain anonymized usage data in an aggregated form in perpetuity, so that we can analyze our own usage information over time. This will not include any Personal Information.
● Security, fraud & abuse prevention – i.e. to protect you, other people, and us from fraud, abuse, and unauthorized access.
● Financial record-keeping – when you make a payment to us we are often required to retain this information for a longer period of time for purposes of accounting, dispute resolution and compliance with tax, anti-money laundering, and other financial regulations.
● Direct communications with us - if you have directly communicated with us, through a customer support channel, feedback form, or a bug report, we may retain reasonable records of those communications. Even if you delete your account, keep in mind that the deletion by our third party providers may not be immediate and that the deleted information may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide certain personally identifiable information in connection with obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us (once per calendar year) information about the customer information that we shared (if any) with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year. To obtain this information, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your email address in response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements, and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
California residents who use the Services are also entitled to the following consumer rights notice: If you have a question or complaint regarding the Services, please send an email to email@example.com. You may also contact us by writing to 11870 Santa Monica Blvd., No. 106-334, Los Angeles CA 90025, or by calling us at (833) 987-1999. California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112, Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Because we may collect your personal information from time to time for our own use, we are required to disclose how we respond to “Do Not Track” requests, signals and other similar mechanisms. Note that your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services that you visit. Like many websites and online services, we currently do not alter our practices when we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you may wish to visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
Your Consent to This Privacy Notice and Contact Information
By accessing and using the App and our other Services, you consent to the collection and use of your information (including Personal Information) by us as specified above or as we otherwise see fit, in compliance with this Privacy Notice, unless you inform us otherwise by means of the procedure identified below. If we decide to change this Privacy Notice or some part of it, we will make an effort to post those changes on the Services, including on our App home page, so that you will always be able to understand what information we collect, how we use that information and under what circumstances we may disclose that information to others. Your use of the App and other Services following our publication of any amendment of this Privacy Notice will signify your assent to and acceptance of its revised terms for all previously collected information and information collected from you in the future.
If you have questions, would like to access your Personal Information, or want to opt out of certain information sharing, please send your requests to:
Hoverboard Applied Technologies, LLC, d/b/a Morty
11870 Santa Monica Blvd #106-334
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Phone: (833) 987-1999
Copyright © 2020. Hoverboard Applied Technologies, LLC, d/b/a Morty. All Rights Reserved.
Effective as of: March 1, 2020
Last updated: March 1, 2020